I'm With The Band

Friday, August 07, 2009

Don't U Forget About Me

So John Hughes has passed away - director of all those 80s movies my best pal Becky and I went to see, and soundtrack to my teenage life. He directed my then-future now ex-boyfriend Ray Gun Geek #1 from "Pretty In Pink" (or was he Ray Gun Geek #2?).

Becky and I enjoyed those movies but absolutely could not relate to anything his characters did. We were the kind of kids every parent of a teenage daughter hopes to have. Our big idea of a Saturday night was to order a pizza and watch TV. We never got into trouble, never even experimented with anything other than an entire pan of brownies. But we had lots of fun watching the movies.

RIP John Hughes.

Today's Playlist In Memoriam:

"Don't You Forget About Me" - Simple Minds
"Pretty In Pink" - Psychedelic Furs
"Old Time Rock and Roll" - Bob Seger

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Capt. Fogg said…

    "We were the kind of kids every parent of a teenage daughter hopes to have."

    You're sure of that?

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Cranky's Wife said…

    uh, yeah!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Crankyboy said…

    Still thinking of past future ex-boyfriends? Hmmmmm. My mind reels and now wanders itself through the thicket of past future ex-girlfriends or just future ones.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home