I'm With The Band

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Every Day Is Mother's Day

Mother's Day is fast approaching and I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be a part of it.

Yes, I'm a mother. I still can't believe it, but I am mother to two adorable boys. I've been a mother for four years. Have I ever received even a card from hubby? NOOOOO!!!

It appears that once again we will be partaking in a group Mother's Day brunch or BBQ, so at least there's that. I'm not expecting any further festivities or special time reserved for me. I've gotten better about this - I don't even flinch now when I see those "Mother's Day Spa Gift Package" promotions at the gym.

Still, I've left catalogs and "Mother's Day Gift Guides" in magazines conveniently strewn about the family room (OK, I'll admit the celebrity who secretly commissioned a bust of their son for his wife was a little over the top). I've dropped several hints, even mentioning the cute peapod necklace with tiny pearls inside, one for each child. I should know by now that hints don't register in Cranky's brain. "You know, I'm really stiff and sore - I could really use a massage." HINT!!

Yeah, right. Who's listening? Mother's Day, Arbor Day, Passover - what's the difference? "Why is this night different from all other nights?" I'm here to tell you - it ain't!!

Maybe this will be the year I get a card.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Capt. Fogg said…

    Remember when I told you that every day was Children's day?

    They're running a Father's Day special at Stuart Yacht Sales this year. Old Doris is getting a bit seedy, doncha know. . .

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Cranky's Wife said…

    Very funny.

    Jr made me a gift at school that included chocolate covered pretzels. I was thriled to receive a Mother's Day present from him, until it became apparent that he planned to eat them all himself.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Capt. Fogg said…

    It's the thought that counts - not the calories.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Cranky's Wife said…

    Not when there is chocolate involved.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Capt. Fogg said…

    Chocolate pretzels
    No good to eat them yourself
    When you love someone

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Crankyboy said…

    In my mind I got you a spa package and necklace. Just think of how good your birthday present will be after this.

    xoxo
    Crankyboy

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Cranky's Wife said…

    ok

     

Post a Comment

<< Home